IMU Articulated Kit¶
A sensor that can record 3DoF orientation of articulated kit, while providing trackable features for IR cameras.
- RFIMU Interface: Control a group of sensors
- RFIMU Realsense Recorder Control a set of realsense cameras that connects to individual hosts.
- RFIMU Firmware Sensor firmware.
- RFIMU Visual Tracker Tracking program for IMU.
The entire system requires several resources to operate:
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN, 2.4GHz
- A server running NTP that can be reached from WLAN
- A PC to receive inerial measurement from IMU Board
- A server for OTA to make firmware update easier
- Build the IMU Board according to its design.
- Flash the firmware into IMU Board with
esptools.py. Some configurations should be set at this stage.
- Connect the IMU to a local Wi-Fi network, initialize on board sensor with several commands via RFIMU Interface.
- Setup realsense cameras, connect them to multiple realsense endpoints to avoid USB transmission bottleneck.
- Launch realsense client on every endpoint. Then, launch realsense controller.
- Turn on IMU Boards. Make sure the controller can see every endpoint and every IMU is UP via healthcheck commands.
- Tape IMU Boards to articulated objects.
- Start realsense recording and IMU recording simutaneously. Then stop when recording is completed.